Monday, September 17, 2007

LOST IN THE SYSTEM

Orginally punlished on January 18, 1998

Most did settle out of court from what I've read. Now, law is leaning toward allowing companies an edge in arguments against domain name speculators, but I think the domain name wars are over as a result of this a new set of seven upper domains on tap, plus the other two [CC & TO] that are already on the market at TABNET, but who knows if "cocacola.com" will declare manifest trademark rights on "cocacola.net." Doesn't seem to have, after a quick check.

Still painting, burning weeds. Order in the court. Speaking of that. The DC government has sent me a two dollar check for appearing in court for jury duty on January 7, 1998. They also sent me a thirty dollar day for January 7. Then I received another two dollar check for services rendered on January 8. Then another thirty. I only went to the courthouse a half a day, and that was January 7. This, after blowing off the whole thing back on December 8, when I was originally scheduled to appear in Superior as a potential petit juror. Being sick, I didn't go, but I straightened up. They sent a threatening letter teasing me with a $300 fine, seven days jail, or both. Now they are sending me all this money.

Got to rework the Takaro Farm site nearly from scratch again to be viewable without scrolling at 640x480 rez on a 15" display. This the client now prefers, after first declaring he wanted frames because he saw them elsewhere, but disturbing inconsistences in the display of text over graphics on one of the pages in the current design are forcing me to rethink and revamp the site at large, so as to have the material fully viewable on first screen, in that monstrous resolution, at a size that looks large to him. What's your take on this topic, Steve? Two years ago I could agree with Hector, but Hector admittedly knows nothing about his own computer, much less the industry. If he did, he should perhaps try to lure some Apple money into his pockets. But today? I think 15" display 800x600 resolution is by far the norm, and more specifically, the cheapest view I can imagine someone looking to purchase a $10K horse from around the world, would be visiting the Takaro farm site. So far, Hector has liked everything, graphically. He just thinks it's too big, and needs to be scaled back, which is my evening project, after I finish this forest green painting of the paper closet, install the bric-a-brac-and handle, and set up the new ETF account I was telling you about.

GT

No comments: