Friday, August 10, 2007

AND THEN THERE WAS THIS

Orginally published on October 12, 1997

My sister sent me this. I wrote back telling her not to worry about this sort of probable hoax. It is a hoax, isn't it? My sister and her husband are hardcore fundamentalists. Mark was here in DC RFK Stadium last weekend for that 500,000 strong masculine Promise Keepers rally. We didn't hear from him, not even a ring, although Laurie E-mailed that I might. His church crew was bussed in and bussed out with no time for heathen family I suppose, driving back to Atlanta all night to arrive there just in time for a sunrise Sunday service. Anywaze, these hoaxes are enough to frighten this sort back into the typewriter and telephone age, given the dynamics it took to get them finally wired in the first place. Lamely, neither Mark nor Laurie attached any personal commentary to their forward.

No comments: