Monday, August 06, 2007

MEETING HALFWAY OR NOWHERE AT ALL

Okay Christopher, I need to get out of the house. So you say you're down with some decentralized meeting of the group. I'll call your bluff. Let's meet. You're on the west coast. I'm on the east in DC. Let's meet in late January in some location on the mighty Mississippi. Your call of which town or city.

Among the larger cities - St.Louis, Memphis, Minneapolis, St. Paul...

Some larger towns - Hannibal, Vicksburg, Dubuque, Davenport...

Your choice among these or any other you would be willing to oblige with a personal appearance. I say we aim with certainty for a date in late January. Let's prove our mettle, man. Dead of winter. As natural as it gets. Get there on our wits, and whatever other advantages we can muster. Real life. No excuses. No more bullshit. We're just agreeing to meet at a certain time and place. No other plans. If one of us doesn't feel confortable with winging it, he can intuit his own backup plans, but he doesn't have to share this plan with the other. We can shake out the dust once we meet at the appointed place and time.

What do you say? Who knows. Perhaps like Tolstoy, one or both of us will catch pneumonia and die of our stupidity. Or we can grow stronger in our renewed sense of adventure like say, Blaise Cendrars.

But frankly, I've grown a little tired of all this chit chat which leads nowhere, literally, nowhere. And all this - we are ever so clever, but the rest of the world is bullshit - that passes for intellectual discourse on this list.

You certainly don't have to agree to this fool's errand. But I do view my challenge to you it in terms of an old-fashioned duel. After all, you are just another character in the storybook of my mind. I want a closer look into that character. I want to know what this character is made of—hot air, hot embers, stale smoke, or wild duck.

I'm telling you that if you set place and time, I will be there, or will die trying. Why? Because "this" is my religion. Forcing people to confront their own dishonesty by putting myself on the line with mine as its struggles with truth in advertizing. But certainly, using your own powers of radicalized reason you may not believe me for you do not know me. One or both of of us may not show. It will be up to the person or persons who DOES show to prove it to the listgroup (namely, the person who didn't show) by any means necessary. Of course, knowing how impossible it is to PROVE anything in terms of ideological debunking, I realize this proof will be meaningless to those who cling to their disbelief, and mention proof with a smile and a grain of salt.

Salt, ah, another poison.

Gabriel Thy
Program Director
Radio Scenewash Network
www.scenewash.org

Now listening to: "Debonaire" by *Dope* on the "Felons and Revolutionaries" LP

No comments: